1. Fox PC Repairs is not responsible for any printing errors, omissions or changes to our website, emails or from any other media and/or printed company documentation. These terms are correct at time of print but are subject to change without notice. The latest copy of our terms and conditions will be on our website www.foxpcrepairs.co.uk.
2. We will provide services and goods that will conform to your consumer rights. If you have any concerns that we have not met our legal obligations, please contact us.
3. Our experienced and/or qualified engineers will diagnose and repair using reasonable care and attention.
4. All visits are subject to a one-hour minimum labour charge which includes vat; subsequent time is charged half hourly thereafter plus vat.
5. Our home visits are subject to availability and are carried out on the day of choice where possible (from Monday to Saturday including most Bank holidays.) We cannot guarantee our service due to external factors to include traffic, weather and staff availability. We will provide a booking confirmation along with a copy of our terms and conditions on the day the booking is made by email, prior to work commencement. (We cannot guarantee the receipt or acceptance by electronic mail). We will also endeavour to contact you with arrival information prior to arrival.
6. Fox PC Repairs aim to provide diagnosis and/or repair within a reasonable period of time, typically within one hour, further time however, may be necessary when there are intermittent faults, (faults that may not present during testing whilst on-site). More time is often needed when equipment/software is older or when customers require data transfer/recovery.
7. Test results can only indicate the condition of components at the time of testing. We cannot be responsible if they fail at a later date.
8. If the work provided to complete a repair is under one hour, the minimum one hour charge will be levied as agreed at the time of booking.
9. If a customer wishes to end the visit before the work is complete for any reason, deeming the work incomplete, Fox PC Repairs will levy the agreed one hour charge (or the appropriate charge up to the time that the work is stopped) but will be unable to provide our free 30 day guarantee.
10. Fox PC Repairs cannot be held responsible for the performance and integrity of any third-party software, hardware and/or services including Internet providers and wireless network solutions (due to the general instability of them). We also regret that we cannot be held responsible for the ongoing performance of wireless networks once installed, particularly when it has been moved to other areas of the
home (where wall-thickness and other factors are an issue).
11. We assume that the customer (the person making the booking or the person present during our visit) is authorised to make changes; if this is not the case, we must receive written permission (email or hard copy) to work on the PC with the owners consent. We do not accept any liability resulting from unauthorised requests or misleading information.
12. It is the responsibility of the bill payer and/or the nominated person receiving our engineer, to ensure that all critical details i.e., software disks, product keys, licenses, passwords or any account information is made available at the time of our visit. Failure to provide this information may result in incomplete work although charges will still apply.
13. Customers should possess back-ups and must accept the risk of data corruption/loss when a repair is being carried out. Fox PC Repairs under no circumstances will be held responsible for any lost or corrupt data.
14. Due to waste disposal regulations, we regret that we are unable to dispose of unwanted PC components to include monitors, printers, base/tower units/laptops.
15. Full payment is required on completion of work. Prior agreement will be made at booking-stage no additional charge is made for Debit/Credit Card payments).
17. It is the customer's responsibility to protect their PC against viruses and spyware at all times. Customers with reoccurring infections because software is inadequate, will be exempt from our 30 day guarantee.
18. Fox PC Repairs will attempt to remove Malware infections so as not to cause a reinfection. This sometimes means a complete reinstallation of software. If the customer does not agree to the engineer's plan of action, any remedial work requiring a return visit will be at the customer's own risk/cost. Our 30 day guarantee is excluded from this course of action and no refunds will be levied as an alternative to our guarantee.
19. Engineers carry a limited selection of general stock items available for purchase. If we are unable to supply a stock-part, we may collect payment in advance and return to install later (a minimum one-hour labour charge will be levied upon re-visiting and will be subject to time charges thereafter). In cases of emergency or convenience to customers, engineers can also source components by travelling to a local supplier on the customer's behalf although time and component charges will apply.
20. Business to business contracts do not have the same Consumer rights to cancel.
21. You may up-grade or repair your Fox PC Repairs pre-built PC elsewhere only when obtaining prior written consent from us. If the 'warranty void if removed' sticker has been damaged and we have not received prior notification, you may invalidate your guarantee.
22. Our guarantee does not cover damage to CD/DVD-Rom/Writer drawer mechanisms caused by the customer, damage to CD/DVD Rom drives by the insertion of foreign objects, or damage caused to printer and modem connection leads.
23. We guarantee external devices only if high voltage surge-protectors have been used.
24. If you are unhappy with our service after our visit, please write to us at: Fox PC Repairs, King Arthur's Court, Maidstone Road, Charing, Ashford, Kent TN27 0JS or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond to you in writing within 7 working days in which time a report will be provided by our engineer and we will discuss our findings with you.
25. For disputes that cannot be resolved, you may wish to consult a mediation service such as Pro Mediate UK Limited Address:
Brow Farm, Top Road, Frodsham, Cheshire
WA6 6SP Tel: 01928732455 / 07824704826 email: email@example.com.
Web Address: www.promediate.co.uk.
Our Service Guarantee (in addition to your statutory rights)
Fox PC Repairs operates a 30 day Service (Labour) Guarantee. This means that if the same fault returns we will book a return visit to you to ascertain the cause. If our workmanship is at fault, we will carry out remedial repairs free of charge. Exclusions which would incur
a) The issue relates to something which is completely beyond our control, i.e. customer/third party use/software/hardware/internet/service providers etc.
b) Any exclusion listed within this document.
Cancelling your contract (Goods and Services) Consumer Contracts
Contracts made by telephone allow customers to cancel their contract within 14 days. This is known as a cooling off period. If a customer requires an urgent repair within the fourteen day cooling off period, we will inform them by phone, email and in writing prior to commencement of work of how this may affect their right to cancel as our service may have already been 'performed'. Any payment made up to the point of cancellation will be retained by us for work already carried out. This may also apply to labour costs associated to the necessary provision of goods although goods purchased (over £42) may be cancelled in this 14 day period. If you want to reject goods within 14 days, please advise us by telephone or by email or complete the form overleaf. You may return them to us or we can collect them from your home for a charge of £45 plus vat . Once inspected, a refund will follow within 7 days. Please note that if your PC is not be fully operational or there are any defects found, a charge of up to 10% of the total value of goods may be applied.
Faulty Goods under 30 days
If goods are suspected to be faulty within 30 days of purchase, please tell us and we will send an engineer to test the part. If tests prove the part is faulty, we will replace it free of any charges (including labour), subject to availability. Ordered parts may take a few days to arrive. Customers also have the right for the component to be removed and refunded as an alternative option; refunds will be made within 7 working days of removal. Please note this option may mean your PC may not be left in full working order, we regret that we cannot be held responsible for this.
Faulty Goods over 30 days and up to one year after purchase
After 30 days and up to 1 year after purchase, we will provide an engineer's visit free of charge within 7 working days of your call to ascertain the cause of the problem. If the diagnosis confirms a faulty component, it will be replaced under your guarantee although a labour charge will be levied at the usual rate. Any other diagnosis will also incur labour charges at the normal rate.